The real estate market has some cut-throat competition from home sellers looking to sell their property quickly and buyers wanting to purchase the best houses at the lowest rates possible.
If you’re a homeowner who’s putting their house on the market, you need to venture into the real estate world with careful planning and preparation. Here are some things you should know before you put a For Sale sign in your front yard.
1. Collect All the Important Documents and Paperwork You Will Need
When you’re selling a house, you need to present all the relevant information associated with your property so potential buyers can see that you’re a genuine seller. They can also make an informed decision after reviewing the data.
Information about your house that is written in a compelling manner helps attract new buyers to your property, so you need to be detailed and thorough. Following are some documents you should gather when you’re selling the house:
- Any house warranty paperwork
- Instruction manuals on the equipment inside the house such as the furnace, washing machine, water heater, air conditioner, etc
- Documents detailing the age of equipment and appliances inside the house, which you would include in the sale
- The age of the roof and details about any renovations done
- Detailed documents showing recent renovations and home improvement projects done on the property, including any new furniture, updating the fixtures, remodeling the bathroom or the kitchen, installing new flooring or windows, etc
- Any permits, if applicable, such as for a deck, work shed, fence, front yard, etc
- Paperwork about the outstanding mortgage and pay-off amount, if applicable
2. You Might Have to Get A Home Inspection Before You Sell
Many buyers ask home sellers for a report from a professional home inspecting organization such as the American Society of Home Inspectors or ASHI or the National Institute of Building Inspectors or NIBI. The buyers make an offer based on the issues a home inspector finds in the property.
A pre-listing inspection helps homeowners see the drawbacks in their house, which they might want to fix or repair to secure a higher selling price. Apart from home inspections, other types of inspection include pest, septic, chimney, well water, and radon.
Preparing a home for sale is challenging, and there are many steps to take before a buyer might be interested in buying your property. If you’re in a hurry and want to sell your home fast, sell your house to us for cash at Integrity Residential Solutions LLC.
We buy houses in Canton, Akron, Cleveland, and other parts of Ohio. Contact us today to sell your home fast in Ohio.